History

1786
First record of paper being made at Pool High Mill.

1886
The Whiteley family rented the Pool High Mill.

1919
The Whiteley family bought the Pool Paper Mills.
1953
The ‘53’ Mill was built, and present day Board Machine BM1 with useful width of 3400 mm was installed.

1964
The '64' Mill was built.

1981
WEIDMANN International Corporation (WICOR HOLDING AG) purchased Whiteley Limited, renowned for its paper grades for electrical insulation and non-electrical applications.